White paper: The Path Towards a GDPR-Compliant Mobile Framework
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European law that will be enforced in May 2018. It applies to any organizations that collects, manipulates and/or stores European residents’ personal data, regardless of their physical location.
« Personal data » refers to information belonging to end-users, employees, partners and prospects, whether they are dealt with on computers, mobile devices, servers, emails, logs history, tracking… As digital data are omnipresent in our ultra-connected world, all organizations are affected.
This White Paper references research and statements from Gartner, the Ponemon institute, ComScore and the Pradeo Lab. It answers the following questions:
- How does mobility endanger GDPR-compliance?
- What mobile threats can violate data privacy?
- What GDPR principles apply to the mobile world?
- How to ensure the security of the data accessed by a mobile fleet?
- How to ensure the security of the data manipulated by mobile apps?